PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a family trip to Mary Jane Thurston State Park any advice?

FletcherD86
04-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey all!!

My name is Devon, I was just wondering if anyone out there might have any advice or just general comments on Mary Jane Thurston State Park? My wife and 2 children just moved to Cincinnati from Billings, MT in October and are really into the outdoors, but have never visited that far North yet. We do love to kayak, fish, and camp and I have seen that there is room to do so there, I was kind of just trying to get a feel for surrounding fun like the Independence Dam and if the fishing is any good? I've been wanting to teach my youngest son how to fly fish, which was my favorite as a kid, and it looks like they have good spots for it up there. I had a buddy tell me that I might want to look into getting some mosquito netting (http://www.greatoutdoorsdepot.com/mosquito-netting.html) for the trip a while back too. I had some that I ended up throwing away before the move, but if anyone might have any advice on that it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure that I'm not spending a bunch of money on netting if I didn't need any in the first place. Thank you again!!

AlgoesSailing
04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I've never been there, usually don't think about driving west. I know its flat there, the Maumee river has been described as more of a long pond than a river. It would likely make for some good paddling though. Let us know how it is.