Northeast Ohio Outdoor Recreation

Go Back   Northeast Ohio Outdoor Recreation > Outdoor Discussion > Kayaking > Ohio Paddling

Old 06-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Default NE Ohio-- new to kayaking

Just got my first kayak (Field & Stream Eagle Run 12'), registered it, and ready to get started. I don't know anybody else who has a kayak, so I'm probably going to use it mostly for fishing.
As a noob, I was wondering what groups and resources to look into for this area (Youngstown area). I don't see many recent posts, so I thought I would start a thread and see if anyone is still active on this forum.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and congrats on the new boat. There are a couple of books for our area that you might be interested in: Canoeing and kayaking ohio's streams and Keystone canoeing. There is also a newer book by Jeff Mitchel called paddling pennsylvania, but I have not read that one yet. For online info, there is some really good information about trips on this site: You can read the trip reports in the forums or click the Recreation Info tab above. You also might try http://trumbullcanoetrails.org/ as they are a very active paddling club.

Two weeks now, how are you enjoying paddling?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:04 PM

Post Can anybody tell me the good place in ohio for recreational activities?

Hey, i am david. I live in new braunfels and had a plan to visit ohio But don't know the best places for recreational activities.. can some one tell me about it and also tell me if there is any place for tubing??
Thanks
Old 07-08-2012, 09:41 AM

Check out Trumbull County Paddlers, or something pretty close to that name (check out Algoesailing's post above) a Youngstown area kayak/canoe club...great people, quite active. Also, "my" organization, Shenango River Watchers, out of Hermitage, PA (minutes from Ohio). At www.shenangoriverwatchers.org" or Facebook at Shenango River Watchers.

Last edited by Hugh C.; 07-08-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: added a correction